Wednesday, February 11, 2009

 

A good day's work by all.

Everybody has been working.
The house has been a hive of activity.
The paid workers were Jim the plumber and his lad, Liam.
They have removed our bathroom and loo - 2 rooms.
Fortunately by the time they left today, a new loo was installed and we have somewhere for our necessary business.
It (the new loo) seems very small. It covers less of the floor space (just) and the cistern doesn't come so high up the wall. Bill will need to put down new flooring - or fill in the missing bits. I guess it will be new flooring, for such a small room won't need much.
There will be some new tiles on the wall and Bill plans a shelf as well.
Tomorrow Jim will return - Liam has a day in college. I doubt whether all will be finished in one day. There is nothing in the bathroom now - except lots of tools.
Jim likes to talk and drink tea!
We have enjoyed his company. Of course we have a lot in common, having both been attached to the athletics club for very many years. Jim is still very busy in the club, coaching two evenings a week and is on the committee. And he is the starter for 30 or 40 meetings during the year.
I have worked too - not such hard physical work of course.
I sorted out more postcards to take to the shop next week. I have gathered together a fair selection of cards now showing Dorking and district. I have been buying on EBay - bidding for those where the price and the postage charge would leave a chance for me to make a little profit.
I have walked to the post office in lovely sunshine - still chilly, but very bright.
The birds were singing and twittering joyfully, reminding me that Saturday will be the bird's wedding day - well, that is a thing I think I learned as a child.
I have just tried to find such a notion on the internet and find that it is certainly thought so in Slovenia, that country where we have felt so strong and happy.
I had a good chat with Jamie. He wants some writing from me for his blog about taking an elephant ride - which Bill and I did in 2004. It was an amazing experience. When he does the blog I will let you know - he already has all our pictures.
Mind you I don't have to tell you that Jamie is writing blogs - the weather blog or the Phuket blog or the jjjj blog have things on almost everyday. Jamie is getting well up to date with pictures of the family (and little filmlets too) on the jjjj blog. The latest show pictures from John's birthday party.
I have described more things for EBay. Got a bid on one of them within minutes.
I have caught up with EMails - a little bit. Apologies for the delay if you think you might be due a personal email sometime very soon.
Just after Jim and Liam left, Ruth popped round with Otto. She felt a little early to pick Felix up from the childminder's so called in and had a cup of tea with us.
Bill has been to B & Q and bought and fitted another strip to hold the edge of the carpet in the sitting room, a bit more secure and attractive.
He has been chief tea maker and washer up man during the day. And he has enjoyed chatting and getting a bit involved with the plumbing.
Tomorrow will be much the same I guess.
Good night.