Tuesday, February 03, 2009

 

Another day of snow fun.

It has been a good day - but we are tired now.
I woke early - which often happens, but this time I was roused by a horrendous cramp. Nothing worked to ease it, except time.
Bill helped with hot flannels and massage. I rubbed the cold spoon on it, which MGoo had recommended.
It lasted for about half an hour and I felt shattered.
As it eased a bit I rubbed on Counterpain, bought in Thailand.
I did sleep after that - not sure how much more Bill slept.
Poor Bill - he wants to help and starts to wonder about the causes. Honestly Bill, as far as I know there is no known cause really and seemingly no known cure either.
Anyway when we did get up the sun was trying to shine - and it was bright all morning, making the snow glow and sparkle.
We should have walked in the forest or at Tilgate Lake maybe, but there were things to do.
I had parcels to post and some food shopping to do.
I have been waiting almost 3 weeks for one payment. He claims to have sent 2 cheques already! Said he would post another today. Somehow I don't believe him - he is one of the very few EBay buyers who play games.
I shall issue a non paying bidder alert tomorrow.
Shopping was most pleasant. There were things I wanted in Lidl. And we got all we needed for the week there this time. It was quiet and unrushed and I am happy with the quality and the prices.
Perhaps I should go online and do the BBC Watchdog questionnaire about one's favourite supermarkets. Vote for Lidl, say I...... and once again the BBC insist that it should be pronounced Leedle. OK, that's how it is pronounced in the German headquarters no doubt, but it would be as pretentious calling it that as people insisting on calling Paris, Paree.
If I were in Germany, no doubt I would use the German pronunciation.
This afternoon, Bill continued to work in the bathroom. The floor covering is up - leaving us to debate what will go back down. I think cork tiles are now at the top of the list.
I prepared some postcards (non sellers on EBay) ready for the shop.
People (dealers) might be glad of very cheap bundles of cards.
The shop was not open again today.
Profits will be slumping badly - I shall be part of the 3 billion pound cost of the snow disruption!
This evening we ate yellow fin sole bought in Lidl. It was delicious.
Now for some snow fun.
Snowmen and huge snowballs have appeared.


This snowman was in the next door front garden - the house is occupied by 4 women in their 30's. They obviously wanted to have some fun.
You can see how the snow has melted in the morning sunshine.

There was a whole family of snowmen out the back - made by children this time, though I wouldn't mind betting their parents were happy to be involved too.

Can you see the baby snowman sitting on the snow wall in front of the one with arms outstretched?
Click on it to make it bigger.





As explained yesterday, our back garden is a place to expand our collection of junk. If we no longer really want something or a pretty plate has a chip, then it finds a home decorating the garden.
I love this big basket - but we have no need of it indoors.




Bill has a small collection of cuckoo clocks and other similar Swiss style clocks. This one no longer works - so it got nailed to the fence.
It hasn't got much snow because it is in the shelter of the house.





Pots beneath the raised garden along the path.