Tuesday, February 10, 2009

 

EBay routine.

Basically today has been an EBay day.
I follow the same old routine. I get the sold items wrapped and well protected for the post before doing anything else. Today was good - there were 8 items finishing the auction and all 8 sold; sadly they only reached the opening bids I had set, so profits are small.
I have items going to Spain, Australia and the USA - as well as the UK of course.
The auction finished this afternoon, so during the morning I described some more.
I wonder if anybody will want the 4 EPs telling the story of 1950's motor races - surely somebody will want sound and words about The British Grand Prix at Silverstone for 1958.
That one hasn't got a watcher yet - but the 2 Oulton Park events are being watched.
Time will tell.
After lunch I sent invoices to the winning bidders and before I had done it, the first payments were in. Indeed one buyer didn't wait for the invoice - he just assumed that my estimate of postage and packaging charges was correct.
At 4 o'clock we took 5 parcels to the post office - so my things are off on their journeys.
Then we popped to Lidl. I wanted cheap potatoes to make mash to accompany the sausages.
And I wanted tonic water. Their small bottles (with quinine) are just as good as Schweppes and of course, cheaper. The quinine helps keep the cramps at bay.
We didn't want much - but filled a few bags. I don't think we need shop again until next week - except for the things I forgot, of course.
Tomorrow chaos returns, when Jim and his young lad arrive at half past eight to rip out the bathroom.
We had better fill lots of containers with water and make sure Frieda might be able to let us use her loo.
Goodnight Folks!