Wednesday, February 04, 2009

 

Flat Wednesday.

Not much to say about today.
I haven't really got going at all.
I have sold some more postcards, and a very pleasant buyer, who has bought from me before, called in this afternoon to collect his purchase.
Bill has been to B&Q to buy a few bits to do little jobs - finishing off sorts of jobs round the kitchen; they would be hardly noticeable, but important.

I have been on the phone a while. Jo phoned because she has heard that the shop won't even be opening tomorrow! Neither of us knew if it had opened today - I doubt it.
There is a different philosophy amongst some of the people who are connected with the shop than we have ever been used to.
Some of the people who do duties don't actually have things to sell. They do it for other people - some even getting paid for it. Another couple do have a space within Jonathan's area and take any money from items sold there, which are Jonathan's cast offs. This does mean that they lose nothing really if the shop doesn't open because they are not paying rent.
It makes me nostalgic for Rocking Horse - Joy and Peter would never have allowed the shop to be closed - they would cover the duty if somebody couldn't make it.

I spent a while chatting with Mam. We talked about Jamie! Yes, Jamie you really should do something about your increasing weight - its not good for your health or your prospects for a fit old age. But mothers have to back off a bit - the decision is yours!

Tomorrow I have a CT scan. This should not alarm me; its a bit of a bother drinking down the contrast fluid and then having a needle stuck in for the contrast dye. But it is over in an afternoon and tomorrow will change nothing.
There are almost 4 weeks before I am due to return to the urology clinic.
From somewhere in my brain some "What ifs" have crept into my thoughts. I believe that I am as fit as I can be and there will be no changes showing up - but what do I really know? I shall be glad to get this period out of my life.
News came through today to remind me of how cancer can so often recur.
Bill's second cousin in Canada, who has shared so much family history with us, has learned that her cancer has spread to her liver and is growing fast. She has months to live.
Joyce is now over 80, but what she is facing reminds me again of things I have faced and might have to again.
Sorry - too much for some people to want to think about.

I must keep my spirits up somehow. I have enjoyed lots of Facebook banter today and welcomed another niece, who contacted, into the facebook family. That's now 8 Monk cousins united and in contact through this medium.

I shall go and watch Masterchef in a minute.
And so, Goodnight.