Friday, February 20, 2009

 

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

A mixed day - to be sure there have been things that have pleased me; but there have also been reminders of my own fragility.
Let's get the bad out of the way.
Have I been bad? No, I refuse to take on the mantle of guilt, for that is very negative. But I guess I have been foolish. Not only have I been eating too much, but also eating things which I know are not right for me.
There are things I just cannot digest and other things that have too much potassium and I have been tucking in, greedily, as if I had the body of a normal fit person.
And so I suffer.
And yet again I resolve to look after myself better. And I will do it - for a while, until the next time!
So the day began with unfortunate digestive problems.
This was quickly followed by a broken tooth.
Tooth problems are also part of my normal existence. I hate my teeth. I know I shouldn't hate any part of my body - after all if I still have the part or a replacement then I can count myself lucky.
But they are awful teeth and most at the top are replacements - a plastic denture and plastic teeth. I have sort of given up on my top teeth. But Bill Clinton still cares about them! No - not that Bill Clinton, but my lovely dentist.
I have had a broken top tooth for some weeks and ignored it. This morning I broke a bottom one, near the front. Hell, I do not want a denture at the bottom! I have too few teeth at the bottom on the sides - my front ones are precious.
There was no free appointment today - but I was allowed to go and sit in the waiting room (with my Daily Telegraph crossword book) and wait and hope for a time when he could see me.
And so both my teeth were mended - and I wonder how long they will last this time.

The good part of the day takes me to EBay once again. A short while ago I bought 4 EPs - records of 1950s motor races. I paid 50p each for them. I knew they were worth more than that. I never thought that the 4 would sell for £57.15!!
Well, after expenses, the records have paid for my mended teeth!

Bill has been tiling. He has been bending and stretching and crawling around on the floor. No wonder he needs an anti inflammatory this evening. He tends to forget that he actually has rheumatoid arthritis - well, its good that he got such good treatment that he is able to forget. Tomorrow the tiles in the bathroom will need grouting and more put in place in the loo.

Isobel has been round. After the adrenalin driven hyper state of a couple of days ago, I am not surprised to find her down and fearful. Tomorrow she flies to Canada for her mother's funeral. There is so much to do and for an occasion that will bring goodness knows what. Funerals can sometimes bring out the worst in people. We helped her sort out her luggage labels - her hands were feeling particularly clumsy today. Isobel has some spasticity which affects her movements. People are not known as spastic these days for some reason - but I forget what term we are supposed to use instead.

This evening I feel rough. My head aches - a reflection of the turmoil in my gut.

Tomorrow can be a restful day for me. Bill asked if I wanted to go to Ford - but really he would feel more satisfied with getting on in the bathroom.

Today I have enjoyed Lana's blog - a contact on Phuket. She is interviewing a number of people with some influence on the island and today it is Jamie's turn.
http://www.serratededges.com/
You might like to see it too.
Jamie put lots more photos on his private family blog yesterday.

And so goodnight - hopefully to sleep well, with no loo visits!