Friday, August 15, 2008

 

15th August Looking to future treats.

This has been a lazy day - Olympics watching and game playing, and some ironing done.
I am finding myself drawn to our cyclists. They seem to turn their hand to a variety of types of bike racing and get on with it without a moan or complaint.
But then they keep doing well.
Our track and field athletes have more than self belief - its a sort of arrogance. They seem to feel that by being amongst the top 3 in the country and benefit from a good life from lottery funding that they have made it. I am not suggesting that don't train hard, but maybe it is mis directed. And then when they don't quite reach the dizzy heights they feel is their right they are full of excuses.
I don't feel really proud to be associated with them like I used to when it was not all about money.
Still for poor attitude - how about one of our judo competitors who was relieved to be knocked out in the first round because he had had enough of the training.
Nevertheless I am still hooked on all the competition.

The main things achieved today have been to sort out some weeks in the future.
We will go to Ashley's mid September.
We have booked a cottage on the Isle of Wight, which was not too dear!
It is Honeysuckle Cottage in Niton, which is at the south of the island.
That will be the week 18th to 25th October.
And we have booked our flights to go to Thailand next May. This is the time when Jamie can take time off work to entertain us.
We are flying Eva Airways this time - no, I had not heard of them either!
But the guy at Dial a Flight uses them regularly.
We fly off on May 6th.

I am yawning away. I will go to bed soon and try to spring back into my normal world tomorrow
Buying for me at car boot sales (rather than Ekatarina) and getting some more things listed on EBay.
Goodnight.