Thursday, August 14, 2008

 

14th August Celebration meal

Today I feel lucky.

First of all I have had the best husband in the world for 43 years now - well, no doubt all the women reading this might claim they also have known the best husband of course. But truly Bill is a wonder.
We claimed today that we are fortunate to have been able to experience 3 miracles - we are still together and the two of us are still alive!
We glanced at the watch at about 3 o'clock to recall that we were greeting each other at the altar of Ifield church 43 years ago.
Today at that moment we were just walking away from a Thai restaurant in Haywards Heath.
We had shared a meal with a group of the Rocking Horse Old Contemptibles, as Bill referred to us all.
It was always hoped that we would regularly meet up - and today was the first time since the shop closed.
It was good to have an occasion to celebrate our special day with friends.
The River Thai does a good basic Thai lunch time menu - 2 courses for £6.50 (hardly more than it would cost in Thailand really).
As soon as I lifted the first spoonful of Tom Yung to my lips I was transported to warmth and sunshine. It was a wonderful starter - heavenly.
And for a while there was sunshine this afternoon in England.
I should think so - this summer has been far from summery apart from just a few days of heat.
I followed it with green Thai curry and rice.
Bill had Thai fishcakes for a starter with lovely sauce and carved carrot followed by Pad Thai - noodles with prawns and things.
And just now Bill is looking at websites to sort out the best and cheapest route for our trip there next year. I think we may well contact Dial a Flight who have sorted out good deals for us in the past.
And I have been lucky in other ways today.
This morning I started the course of B12 injections. I shall have 2 more next week.
The doctor has also prescribed soluble calcium with Vitamin D which I will start tomorrow - yet another nasty drink to be swallowed down twice a day.
But how fortunate I am that all these things are being done for me.
This afternoon I had an appointment with yet another doctor - who just wanted to know the details of the car accident and what had happened to me.
Who knows - this might bring some financial benefits.
It could be enough for flights to Thailand - or enough for another Thai meal in Haywards Heath.

Tomorrow I must get some work done - I am totally addicted to Cradle of Persia! That's the computer game we were all playing whilst Ashley and Ekatarina were with us.
I am now a magician!
But I must leave it alone and make a drink before bedtime.
Goodnight.