Saturday, July 14, 2007

 

14th July Some Sunshine in Wales

Hello,
The weather has been considerably better today - long may it last.
We set off this morning over the Menai Bridge to Anglesey and the 2 boot sales in adjacent fields at Benllech.
Daft to have 2 small separately organised sales - but that's their choice. Both were quite small this morning - not surprising after the weather of yesterday. But it was very pleasant out in the field and we chatted to some nice people.
I even had encouraging words from one couple. Their stall was organised for the local cancer care service and I was easily persuaded to buy a raffle ticket from them - and of course I told them why. Its good to talk and I left feeling I had made some friends.
I bought some interesting bits and pieces - like a London tram route map and a No 1 Dr Who Annual.
Then we went home for a while of rest and relaxation.
We were meeting Pete and Jean at The Antelope a pub right by the Menai Bridge. It was warm enough to sit outdoors and enjoy the view. I really enjoyed my Moroccan chicken and couscous.
Today marks the beginning of festivities to mark the 250th anniversary of the birth of Thomas Telford, designer of the bridge.
We drove into the small town of Menai Bridge after lunch but failed to find anymore than a sign to an alternative car park. I think the band and the dancing must have been somewhere else.
So we drove back over the bridge and went to find the university botanic gardens. There is not a lot there, but it was very pleasant walking amongst the ornamental trees and beds. Katya and I enjoyed looking at the range of developing seeds on the trees.
We called in at Lidls on the way home - got in our supplies of bleach and loo rolls! Ashley bought loads for the store supboard.
I was really tired by this time. I have been on my feet quite abit today.
I fell asleep as Katya played.
Later we remembered that Liz wanted to get to Tescos and I would be glad to buy more of the organic orange lightly sparkling drink too - so off Bill and I went with Liz to Tescos. And if Ashley has left any space in the store cupboards then Liz has cetatinly filled them to over flowing.
Liz has been working hard this year on diet and is eating great deal of fresh fruit and vegetables. She has now lost 2 stone in wieght - half way to target weight.
I bought a skirt for Katya in their sale which she is very pleased with.
THis evening Ashley has been very busy with EBay - over 50 things selling. A DVD that he had bought at Pease Pottage in Crawley for a pound, sold today foir £42.
Liz has been sort of explaining her vast bank of music that she has downloaded onto her hard drive and is used in her I Pod. She has been copying some of her music for us to take home.
Theweather forecast for tomorrow is less good - depending on which one you read.
We will be back over the Thomas Telford Bridge again hopefully to the boot sale at the show ground.
Later we are going to Llandudno for lunch in the converted theatre. The plan will be to spend some time on the pier and the beach and maybe to drive round Great Orme and to stop and take a stroll.
But now it is bedtime - except I can't drag myself away from a look back at Neighbours!
Sorry lots of typing errors and I know I have failed to put lots right.
Bye for now,
Have a good Sunday.
Love Paula.