Saturday, June 23, 2007

 

23rd June Pictures at an Exhibition.

Today after the boot sale at Ford we stopped in Arundel.
After a pot of tea and toasted tea cakes we went to an art exhibition.
We bought 3 pictures - but don't worry we didn't spend the family fortunes.
In fact we spent 20p and had an enjoyable chat with the 86 year old artist.

I have to say I didn't think his paintings would ever be chosen by me for our walls at home, though he had a certain amount of skill - and much more than I have!

He sat by his pictures and claimed to be able to draw "Name Pictures". The first he would do for nothing and the second would cost 20p.
Before we knew what was happening he had learned our names and his pen was deftly producing cartoon style drawings.

He drew the name across the page then turned the paper 90 degrees and built a face on to the name.

You might be able to see the original name if you twist your neck round a bit.

The first is of William - the artist said he preferred longer names because there was more to work on.



Bill wasn't actually sporting a bow tie.




I wasn't wearing a hat - but, of course, I often do.



He must have taken to me - I got another one done for me.

He loved hearing that by this evening his pictures would appear on an internet site and would be seen by family and friends round the world.