Friday, January 20, 2012

 

Sorting out computer clutter and garage clutter

It has been a day of clutter - getting rid of clutter.
First scans have been run over this computer - I don't know how many thousands of items the scan felt were a problem.
They have all been repaired - took an age.
It also advised removing Cradle of Rome and Cradle of Persia - that was when I began to play. I am sad to be without these so timewasting games which could absorb my simple little mind.
Maybe they will go back on.
So the computer was de-cluttered.
And I had time to continue de-cluttering the garage.
I have spent time sorting 1920's board games with lovely art work. I have put 100 year old magazines on crochet and fine needlework in cellophane bags. I have beeswaxed the handle of an old potato masher and so on.
There is still more to do - I have a pile of 1950's  Mother magazines on the table - the magazine of happy marriage.
Lots of nostalgia for "the good old days" within those pages.
But slowly I am getting things clear - and never again (she says!) will I dump things out in the garge before sorting them out.
We paused a little in our work this morning to give Frieda a cup of tea. She had been over to the doctor's for a blood test.
But she was more concerned about her new fridge freezer. She has never had a freezer before - just a little ice box within a fridge.
She was very worried that there was ice in the freezer and it was even on the packets of food. Um - it's a freezer, Frieda! I hope I have re-assured her and advised about making sure most frozen food is de-frosted before heating it up.
After a run of lazy mornings, the alarm will ring at 6 o'clock tomorrow. We will go to Ford and then, well - who knows? But probably, Littlehampton.