Saturday, January 21, 2012

 

Buying, bracing wind and music.

It was a dark morning as we drove off to Ford.
My mood still felt dark as we started to walk around - nothing to buy again?
I am definitely not a glass dealer- but somehow, now I am! I had bought in good quality glass in the shop on Monday and today I bought a similarly high quality item - a lovely decanter for £5.
I must hurry and become an expert in Thomas Corbett glass.
Having bought one thing, I found it easier to part with money and allow my imagination free rein to think of how things might be suitable for my Pilgrims' shelves.
It is often that one first item which gets one started - trouble is, Bill doesn't find the first item.
I have a box by my side, now ready to take to the shop.
We called in at the farm shop that I like for a few things - and came out with more than a few, of course.
Then it was time for breakfast - we were quite late. Some familiar faces were on the point of leaving.
We might not see them so much now because.........


Yes - the Balaton has not yet sold and the family have re-opened for business after a good winter break.
We popped in to say hello and have a chat.
We'll be in there next Saturday!










It was extremely windy by the river - and on the beach. I have never felt it so windy there.
The river looked really choppy and the wind whined through all the yacht masts and clanked metal ropes together.
It was not really cold - but very bracing.




We met this friendly cat by the river - miaowing and nuzzling.
What fun to have caught him licking his lips!























Now I can see why Bill referred to my hat as a tea cosy!
I think it is stylish brown corderoy large beret; it certainly did its job, keeping my ears warm and my hair reasonably in place.

This evening we have been enjoying Paul Simon - and Garfunkel.
Magic!
The programmes were on BBC 4 yesterday late into the night.
There have been 2 Pauls who created the soundtrack to my entire adult life - Paul Simon and Paul McCartney.
Paul Simon is really superior in many ways - thinker, musician, poet;  I see him as a superior being to me - not really part of my world.
Paul McCartney feels like my equal and friend. He. too, can find real musical and lyrical genius at times.
Others have popped up and coloured my sound track and I love them too.
But the 2 Pauls have just always been there.
I thank them both for the pleasure.....and how dare they be 70 years old! OK - Paul Mc has 6 more months.