Tuesday, December 07, 2010

 

A day of rest - Tuesday 7th December

This has been Tuesday; quite regularly Tuesday is a rest day.
We got up late and I have snoozed and idled for much of the day.
It looked cold outside - Bill said it was. He did go out to post a parcel.

There will be more parcels to sort out tomorrow - including the 1930 typewriter, which is very attractive and very heavy.
At the moment the bidder is from Italy and if I sent the parcel by Royal Mail it would cost £40 or more.
I have written to that bidder in Italy to advise him/her of this and that I would understand if they wanted to withdraw the bid.
I might have to investigate the charges of international carriers.

I do want to get out tomorrow. I have a particular item that I want to find to boost one or two Christmas stockings. I could do it on line and that might be best.
But I would enjoy a trip out.
Most of the things that will be given at the festive season are already upstairs and have been found during the year at various Saturday or Sunday events.

Think its time for a cup of something. Good night.