Monday, October 25, 2010

 

Great nephew Caleb. Health. Cold shop.

At any moment I feel I might topple over the brink and land in the nasty world of coughs, colds and bugs.
As long as it's nothing worse I really have nothing to be bothered about of course. But.....not happy!
There might also be some anxiety deep in my subconscious this evening.
Tomorrow I see the urology team. I assume that this will be no more than a routine appointment.....but there will be results from a recent CT scan to be considered.
Subconscious can't quite avoid thinking that there must be a reason for headaches, nausea and exhaustion.
My conscious brain reminds me at this stage there should be nothing to fear.
But I can't help looking back at past fears.
This week is the 3rd anniversary of that precious gift I was given - my stoma. It has given life to me.

It can't help feelings of well being to be feeling cold today.
It was a lovely sunny day in Dorking, but chilly.
The temperature in the part of the shop where my area is had reached the dizzy heights of 10 degrees centigrade this morning.
Despite improvements to the heating - and the fact that we had taken in an extra heater from home, we never got the place above 15 degrees.
Cold tenses my body.
We both sold things today and we were both pleased with the sales of the week.

Caleb was in fine form yesterday afternoon. He is a great nephew, now 14 months old, son of our niece, Fiona.
Fiona and Caleb had come visiting for a few days.
He is a charmer!
A charmer cutting teeth.

He was feeling the need for a chew on his fingers.
That was when he wasn't walking round with a huge grape in his mouth.
It was a novelty to him that good food could be found just lying around in the fruit bowl!


With his Uncle Antony - Fiona's brother.


Great Uncle Bill looks a bit grumpy in this shot - shame, for that is not how he really was. He enjoyed a chat and a game.


Snuggling up with Uncle A.


Bill's sister, Pam - proud of course of her grandson.




And here is a picture of one of Pam's orchids - I was attracted because it was just beautiful.
It became a family gathering when we joined by Bill's sister, Lesley and husband Peter.
It was nice to meet up with them all again.
Now to bed - sleep might provide the power to fight any hovering bugs.

Labels: , ,