Saturday, January 23, 2010

 

Being Pogged

Pogged!
I am sure that is not a word - not one to be found in the dictionary.
I am not sure how it came to be part of this family's vocabulary.
It describes the feeling you have when you have eaten too much.
This morning I was too greedy. Instead of being content with the £2.79 breakfast in Wetherspoons. I thought I would indulge in the £3.99 plate.
And once I had paid for it - well then, I wanted to eat it.
And very good it was too!
But I have suffered for it - felt pogged for the rest of the day.

The breakfast came after our time at the Ford car boot sale.
How lovely it was to be back there.
I bought the most in quantity - but Bill spent more money.
I have 15 interesting books to be sold at some point. I have a couple of items of china, an old fashioned mixing bowl and some old snap cards.
Bill has just 2 items - a camera that he pondered about for some time. I persuaded him with the notion that even if he makes very little money on it, he will have enjoyed owning it for a while.
We chatted for quite a while with the camera seller - he had all sorts of interesting optical gadgets and other gadgets.
And he bought a covered wagon and horses - die cast metal, 1950s, in its original box.

Then it was time for breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, 3 hash browns, tomato, mushroom, black pudding, beans, toast and butter and 2 mugs of tea.
Anybody would be pogged after that lot!
OK - lesson learned!

On the way back to the car, we went in a few charity shops and Bill bought 2 pairs of Marks and Spencers trousers in his size for £9.
We felt so full and tired that we decided we didn't want a drafty walk, even by the sea. we just wanted to get home.
The sea will be there next week.

And that has basically been my day. I have done nothing with my purchases yet. They are piled on the dining room table beside me.

I have looked briefly at another idea for a holiday round the time of Bill's birthday. I want it to be special. Perhaps we will splash out and do a Swiss railways tour. What more could we want than mountains and trains?