Wednesday, January 20, 2010

 

Back to my hibernation nest.

It was not a day for going far - so we didn't.
Parcels had to be taken to the post office - but they were very big and heavy so we used the car.
It was just about the same time that the snow began to fall - large "ploppy" lumps of snow. There is a covering over the ground, but its not the sort you would want to play with.
There were times when it snowed really hard - almost blizzard like.
It actually made me feel sorry for the young men putting the fence up out the front - in readiness for the builders.
These two chaps look hardly more than boys.
They had to wait a long while for a truck to arrive with a second load of fencing. The only protection from the weather would have been the Welfare Unit - but I don't think they had a key.
They did work hard and efficiently and the metal fencing is now in place.
It's not a pretty sight.

I have found it very hard to get going today - the return to winter made me feel quite lifeless.
I will do better tomorrow. I probably needed a long day of rest.

Tomorrow morning I have to get out for a B12 injection. I shall have to ask the nurse what the computer says about my next date for a blood test - I have lost track of that.

Tonight our Tiscali ISP is not functioning.
I know that sometimes these things happen and normally the problem does not last long.
But I am ever suspicious - Tiscali have now been totally swallowed up by Talk Talk and I wonder if that will actually prove to be a good thing.
Well, we still have gmail to send mail and no doubt the tiscali mails will get here some time.

Is it time for bed yet? I am yawning.