Saturday, September 05, 2009

 

Tonight the Beatles - background music to my life.

Beatles weekend!
Last night I was loving Queen - amazingly creative and talented group of course.
But tonight I am wallowing in the soundtrack to my youth.
It is Beatles weekend on the BBC. I have the BBC 2 programmes on the computer right now. I know all the words and the harmonies, and I feel part of it. I keep having to bring up the picture rather than my blog page..... it is just too precious to me to miss.
I loved them all - but wavered to have Paul or George as my special favourite. My memories of seeing Paul on stage are still full of excitement. I never saw George - perhaps that is how it should be - he was tucked away in his own introvertedness.
I didn't know how much I loved John until a while after he was killed. His death was almost overlooked in my world because I lost a brother at the same time. It was some time later that I felt anger that he was no longer in the world.
But the music lives on.

Today has been very full.
We went to Ford. I found it difficult to buy. Maybe there was nothing much that I wanted today.
But maybe having decided yesterday about the things I don't want to have in the shop, I suddenly couldn't concentrate on what I did what. All I could see this morning were the sort of things that I don't want to have.
We bought a bit of course. It is probably good that we spent less - we have been buying so much lately, and our expenditure has been rather high. Too high.

We went for breakfast in Littlehampton. Mrs Balaton Cafe immediately said she liked my new hair colour. I confessed it was a mistake. I had bought it at a car boot sale and I think the wrong colour was in the box marked Golden Amber. Ah well, life is full of surprises.
I was surprised to find another pigeon truck in the car park once again.
The pigeons had been released at half past eight and were heading for Barnsley.
They had done the same flight last week - the fastest one back took 4 hours and 8 minutes.
The distance is just under 250 miles by road.

This afternoon was a surprise - I was chief timekeeper at a women's southern league match.
We had a phone call last night to say that as Barbara had to leave by 3 o'clock at the latest, could we possibly be available.
I don't think our arrival could have been greeted more warmly!
I slotted in as chief and took over the team - timekeepers I had never met, from all over the place.
And I really enjoyed the afternoon.
I hope I will enjoy tomorrow afternoon.
I am chief timekeeper again for the Final of the Sussex Under 13's competition. It is always a full and exciting meeting with a real buzz.
I shall be well supplied with timekeepers to organise.
This week has been like our athletics involvement of the old days - 3 meetings within a week.

You will see in the 4 pictures below that we have been blessed with some sunshine today.








There are two anchors on the green between the beach and the road. The green is a lovely place to walk and play for all the visitors.
We noticed many fewer visitors now September has arrived.