Wednesday, September 02, 2009

 

Shopping and selling

The energy I had first thing this morning has drained away now.
I got the ironing done early and then went out.
The intention had been to walk to the post office and maybe on into town.
Just as we opened the front door the rain fell.
So, change of plan.
We went in the car.
Our trip to town involved buying gifts for little ones.
We now have something for the newest Monk family tree member - Caleb. He is a great nephew.
And we have something for a nephew's first birthday too - except we can't remember when it is. I think it is very soon.
Bill was just entranced with The Early Learning Centre! He spent time examining all sorts - especially the farm animals.
We very rarely go to The Mall and so we don't really know what is on offer.
But we couldn't resist our favourite pound shop (not in The Mall) whilst in the town. We seem to allow ourselves all sorts if things cost just a pound.
This afternoon I have been busy describing - another dozen things are listed on EBay. This is the last day of listing for 10 days. I have to leave that sort of gap because we will be away for 5 days when we go to Wales and I can't have things finishing just before we go or when we are away.
I also had some things finishing and sold 3 more books.
I shall get a lot ready to list at a suitable time shortly before we go to Wales - on 16th September.

The weather, which was poor this morning, has got steadily worse - raining very hard now. It seemed to get dark so early this evening.