Tuesday, September 01, 2009

 

I've got a lovely pair.... of kidneys.

The news of the day is that I have a pair of perfectly normal kidneys!
This afternoon I had an ultrasound scan at the East Surrey Hospital.
The radiographer had a very young observer with him - maybe still at school but perhaps looking for a career in radiography.
This meant that much was said and explained than maybe might not have been, which was interesting. I did wonder why I had to breath in and hold my breath - this lifts the rib cage, making the kidneys more visible.
He also had to explain to her what a urostomy is.
But the process didn't disturb the bag at all.
I had not been at all concerned about the state of my kidneys - they seem to function well through thick and thin.
But it is really reassuring to know that my body is being well monitored.

The day began with a cup of tea in bed.
Then I got busy making a sort of boeuf bourgignon with the left over organic beef we enjoyed a few days ago. It was a simple stew with a splash of red wine.
What shall I now do with the left over beef stew? I would prefer a more spicy sauce I think.
Then I had some wrapping to do - 5 out of 6 books have sold today.
They have all been dealt with - 3 are already in the postal system.
On a really sunny Saturday, when we were on our way to buy lovely icecreams with Ashley and Ekatarina, I found 2 books in a charity box outside a place in Arundel - just leave the money in the box I was instructed.
They only asked 40p - the books sold today for £8.60.
It is just as well I can ease my conscience with lots of boxes of things for the charity shops to sell.

After lunch we went to Dorking - a roundabout route to get to the hospital - but better than Dorking and back home and then a separate journey to the hospital and back.
We collected our money, paid the rent and tidied the shelves and put out some fresh stock and enjoyed a cup of tea and chat with Stephen and Jo.
I am beginning to look forward to selling at a car boot sale.
When we return from Wales in a couple of weeks - and have the boxes now filled with Ashley and Ekatarina's things emptied, I shall start to fill them with things in readiness for a sale.

That's all for now.
Goodnight.