Friday, November 14, 2008

 

Relaxing Friday and restful Ventnor Gardens.

Today I have sorted out my EBay affairs. I had all sorts of intentions to get a lot done during November, but, in fact, I have let things ease off quite a bit.
Or perhaps putting items back on that didn't sell in September and October has not turned out to be worthwhile - the sales have been a bit weak.
Never mind - nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Today I sold 2 old racing programmes from Brands Hatch; one for powerbikes and the other for big trucks.
Bill has been out doing chores - back in B & Q once more.
This afternoon I went with him for a routine blood test. Once again we got the timing right - at halp past two there was nobody waiting.
We then popped into Asda to make sure we had enough for Ashley's first weekend with us.
But generally I have felt the need for some rest and have been glad of a relaxed day.
Soon I will go and prepare sausages and mash - which appeared on my list of 50 things which make me happy.
I wonder what that list would look like if I did it again today.
How could have left out watching the masses of different birds that come and feed at our bird table?
The Isle of Wight memory today ws also relaxed.
We had been to the Ventnor Botanical Gardens in August with Ashley and Ekatarina. We had a picnic there in the children's playground.
This time we had soup, sitting outside enjoying the views of the flowers.
We might have chosen to eat inside because it wasn't quite warm enough - but the cafe was full with a noisy group comprising the Friends of the Garden. There must have been 50 or so of them, all enjoying their day out.
So here are some pictures of plants seen on a slightly chilly out of season October day.