Wednesday, November 12, 2008

 

Need to rest a bit

No pictures tonight - no Isle of Wight.
I feel too tired.

The shelves and sorting stuff on the shelves has now become a tiring chore.
Although I now realise that much of the family history papers in the back bedroom need a good tidy. There is a large pile of stuff that relates to each and every one of my or Bill's ancestors. It will one day be out with the right section.
But not this week.

I decided that the kitchen needed to be the background for "real cooking".
I bought some minced beef yesterday and this morning reached for my oldest recipe book - the one I have had since our wedding day.
But did I stick to the basic recipe? No, of course not.
I was making meat balls. The recipe didn't include carrot and certainly didn't suggest paprika and nutmeg. I think my improvements made them much more tasty than they might have been.
We enjoyed our dinner this evening.

I had settled down for a rest with the cats close by on the sofa. George was nestled right alongside me, patting me with a paw when I ignored him for too long.
Bother bother!
The paw had claws extended and the scenario I have pictured more as a silly cartoon situation became a reality.
My clothes were wet and urgent action was needed in the bag department.

Apart from tiredness I want to watch the programme about Prince Charles.
He and his life hold a fascination for me.
I have grumbled a bit in my life about too many expectations - but that man has shouldered expectations and judgements at every stage of his life.
Without those he might have married the woman of his choice in the first place.
It is interesting to have a glimpse of how he copes.

Perhaps like me he has been able at the age of 60 to put the expectations in the past.
I hope he is happy.
I was persuaded today to write a list of 50 things that make me happy.
It was the list for today - on another day the results could be somewhat different.
But blue skies were jotted down almost first - and we were blessed with them today. hooray.

Tomorrow we can forget about work at home and be in the shop.
There will be much talk about the break in.
It seems it was well planned in advance and the object of the thieves was just one cabinet with expensive jewellery.

Right, time for a cup of tea and to curl up on the sofa, keeping George at arm's length!
Goodnight.