Monday, March 05, 2007

 

5th March Work and Play.

Today was Jamie's first day back at Sunrise Divers. In the high season, like now, he must work from 10 o'clock until 7 o'clock. This morning all was leisurely because Jessica had no school.
It is harder for Mam to have him working until 7 o'clock with a half hour journey home. I think she gets very ready to hand the children over to him by about 5 o'clock. In the low season it will be better when he will work a 9 til 5 day.
I spent the morning playing games with children - trucks and cars all over the floor!
Jessica has done a lovely drawing which I would like in a frame at home. It shows lots of girls with umbrellas, some floating down from the sky like Mary Poppins.
We went out after midday to go and meet Jamie for lunch. I was happy to see Sunrise Divers again - and Karon too. Sunrise Divers seemed more relaxed and that part of Karon seems to be a happy community of tourists, longer term visitors and residents.
I enjoyed my lunch - Pad Thai, which is rice noodles with vegetables and prawns.
After lunch Mam and I took the children to play Mini Golf in a dinosaur park. I am not sure who enjoyed it most - me or the children!
The record score was by a Swedish person, who got round the 18 holes in 36 strokes - frankly I don't believe it, they must have fluffed one of them. For the record I got round in twice that score and managed to lose my ball once! Jessica and John just liked to put the ball in the hole - Jessica did hit hers in from a few inches while John used his hands and we all cheered.
The landscape and dinosaurs were very good and the path took us though caves and over water.
It was fun - but my, it was hot.
I have a bit of a head ache now; maybe I have not had sufficient fluid today.
When Jamie comes home we are going to eat out - the Japanese restaurant in Central Mall has been mentioned. I am looking forward to that salmon again!
Jamie will be back in about 45 minutes.
Tomorrow all will be normal with Jessica back to school. I may take a walk down the village street, which should not be confused with an English village. Village very often means housing estate, but at least the main part of this one is not brand new.
John has to go to hospital for an innoculation.
I will make a shopping list of things I want to buy to take home - not sure if we will do that tomorrow or Wednesday.
And so now to check the first few things on EBay that Bill has listed for me.