Wednesday, February 28, 2007

 

28th February Thinking of home

Firstly I have been thinking of home because today is Ashley's birthday - so birthday greetings and love to him.
In any holiday there always seems to be one bad day and this has been it for me. For some reason I couldn't sleep last night. Possibly it had something to do with he iced tea I had during yesterday - I wonder why I didn't even consider the caffeine content; but maybe it wasn't that. As the hours slipped by I thought of many things - home of course, and Bill who I have never been parted from for his long before. These thoughts led on to being back home and life at home which led to thinking about all that must soon come into my life (hospitals and treatment) and I started to feel miserable and angry.
So with very little sleep and these thoughts lingering I have been crotchety and moody.
This morning we took Jessica to school very late for some reason and the assembly hour was over.
Mam had suggested we go to Si Re Island afterwards but having asked what we were doing and got no reply I had put on my long floaty skirt. I said I wanted shorts and suggesed we call in at Big C and I buy the ones I hopes to find there.
So, soon we were shopping. I quickly found some shorts and couple of cheap T shirts.
But we seemed to be in there for ages - maybe that was just me being bad tempered!
Then we came home.
I wasn't sure what was expected of me. I played with John and we had a nice time together for a while.
Jamie came home for lunch. This is the last day he will be able to do this - his last day with Dive the World. Sunrise Divers is too far away. He chatted with a me a little - but only time would calm me down again.
Mam had to go to Patong to collect Jamie's diving bag from work, which is too big to carry on the motor bike. She suggested we carry on for a walk on Paradise Beach, which sounded very good. But sadly the sense of Paradise has gone - a new over priced restaurant, beach sun beds strewn around the bay and the tide was out leaving a wide expanse of mud!
We had a drink - a pound for one can of drink and bottle of water and no glasses! We needed the drink and Mam couldn't walk because John was fast asleep.
Patong is busy and one way streets and even Mam, used to Thai traffic found it exhausting. Then it was back over the crazy road 'over the mountain'. Wow - that can feel so scary at times.
We were in plenty of time to collect Jessica and Mam suggested I went in to take out of her extra class early. I waited inside as Jessica finished the task she was on. The teacher asked all the children to say 'Good Afternoon Visitor' so I replied to these 5 and 6 year olds 'Good afternoon everybody' - didn't think I'd be doing that again, least of all in a Thailand school.
This evening we ate out in Leelawaddi - I had rice of course with a chicken/coconut milk soup which is delicious over the rice.
I find eating out with young children a bit tense at times - Bill will know what I mean when I say that we might have chosen to have a look round the plants for sale for a while!
The family needed milk so we called in at Tescos - for nearly an hour! I made my first trip to the pharmacy for cream and spray for all the damn mosquito bites.
When we got back I really enjoyed a treasured time reading an Angelina story to Jessica in bed. It was me being myself and she enjoying the way I read and talked about the pictures. I must send more Angelina story books for her.
Obviously I must go to bed soon - it is already gone 10 o'clock. John of course is still running around.
I will feel better tomorrow and we all will enjoy having Jamie home with us for 4 days.