Wednesday, June 27, 2012

 

Finding some joy and contentment

I thought I would google today's date.
Has it been such a day in the past - a day of malaise and feeling not quite right.
It wasn't a good day for Michael Jackson a couple of years ago. On the other hand 19 years ago all the people of Slovenia (well most them I presume) were overjoyed to become an independent free state.
Nothing dramatic like that has happened here of course. But then I am so full of malaise that I had no idea of the date!  I was looking at June 25th. On June 28th there seem to have been lots of bad events in history - Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assasinated thus leading to the first world war.
We thought of going for a short walk - walked into the garden and found it was raining.
We didn't get our walk.
The car is loaded with stuff to sell at Ford tomorrow. I hope we clear half of it.
Then we will take the remainder to Sayers Common on Saturday.
I shall go to bed early (how often do I say that and then find it is half past eleven?). I want to be up by half past five, so that we leave home at half past six. I expect we will still be at the back of the queue for sellers.

I will finish with a couple of pictures of joy and contentment.


I have never been to Wimbledon - maybe next year.
My niece was there on Monday.
She looks joyful.
She saw Federer play.















Thai sunset.

This was taken just about 100 metres from the JJJJ home.

Rural and tranquil eh?
No wonder they are contented.
No wonder I am looking forward to being there again.