Thursday, September 23, 2010

 

Thailand fish at the aquarium

I might get some pictures done after I have written a bit.
Pictures from days that I miss out will be caught up on when we get back home.

Today we all got up quite late - no work, no school.
Bill had his cornflakes, but I waited until we went to the noodle shop for my breakfast. A bowl of a soup filled with rice noodles, bean sprouts, greens and pork - so tasty.

Later we went to the aquarium.
On our very first full day in Thailand we went with 11 month old Jessica to the aquarium.
Eight years ago we knew very little of the geography of Phuket - now it all makes sense.

The aquarium is a good one, dedicated to marine research, but not too big. Mam didn't come - she did some house work, shopping and food preparation.
There were 5 of us and each one of us had a camera!
Major Monk competition going on!
We walked out to the turtle breeding centre and enjoyed the views.

Later we all went to the local reservoir. Mam wanted to join the keep fit brigade powering back and forth.
The children and grandparents talked to an attractive young woman taking her dog for a walk.
OK - this dog was a very young puppy, but I swear is was less then 6 inches tall - and wearing a skirt!
John asked "Is it real?"
Some sort of very miniature poodle maybe.

Mam thought of walking some more - but heavy rain clouds hung over the hills.
And soon it was pelting down on us.

Home for a Mam prepared meal.
I was hungry and it was so good, I had no thoughts of photographing the superb curry.
This was definitely food for eating!

Time for bed soon - I am enjoying lots of relaxation as well as lots of exploring.