Tuesday, November 18, 2008

 

Tuesday - Dorking and a fish pie.

I haven't done so very much, but feel tired.
Mind you, I do keep waking far too early.

Bill and I went to Dorking to measure up the space and see just what will be possible - perhaps a little less than I thought. It seemed so cold in that area and I began to wonder if I could ever make it look welcoming - but Jo already has things in the cafe area next to where I will be, and it looks good.
It is mainly the cafe that doesn't look good and I wonder if it should be there at all.
I know people would come in and ask about where the cafe had gone and I can see why Stephen and Judy are trying to make a go of it. But it is only ever an an extra for them. This morning whilst we were there a single woman came in and asked about a drink. "Oh I can make you one" said Judy. And the woman sat alone in the cafe, feeling cold and I would have thought, uncared about.
Anyway my commitment to the cafe area is only 3 months and then we can reconsider if necessary.
It was nice to meet and talk with Spanish Ana.
Ashley went to a church thing this morning.
After lunch I got busy and made a fish pie - white fish and smoked haddock.
I was interrupted in the washing up by Frieda, but she was happy to sit and watch for a while until I had finished and then we had a cup of tea.
We had the fish pie earlier than we normally eat because Ashley wanted to go out again to Mass.
And that is all I can write this evening.
Tomorrow I will get some kitchen photographs on.
But we will be out for a while in the middle of the day. We are taking Ashley to the Sri Lankan restaurant.
Now for a cuppa. Because we ate earlier than normal it feels like it ought to be bedtime - and I think I will go up quite soon.
Goodnight.