Thursday, November 20, 2008

 

Quiet Thursday.

This will be brief tonight.

First I apologise if the pictures I put on the blog yesterday are a bit confusing. Computerised imagery as produced quickly on a lap top gives a good impression but the colours are not right.
The kitchen was always intended to be cream and cream coloured it is. There is no green to be seen.
It is simple and has uncluttered lines and for the moment uncluttered work tops.

Bill and I spent the morning at home. I described six books for EBay.
And I have talked with people on the phone or on Skype today.
Ashley went over to Broadfield again to be in the church.
Bill went outdoors with the strimmer - he would have liked to have the mower out there, but really the grass is so wet and soggy right now.

This afternoon we went over to see Jenny, Ruth, Felix and Otto.
Felix was in fine form - though having an audience (or something) made him feel rather excitable as the afternoon wore on.
He is charming and willing to please.
Otto was smiling sometimes, but having had a BCG innoculation he didn't feel he had much to smile about.

And so to bed soon. I have resorted to my old friend - the Immodium tablet this evening. In addition I took one of my anti histamines in the hope that it will help me sleep.
But these are but small problems.
There was another EMail today from the husband of an old school friend who has just started radiotherapy - the cancer has already caused him to lose an eye. He is full of good spirit and humour. Good luck Norman.

And before I close I must spend a moment in thought with you for it was about at this moment 12 years ago that my Dad died.