Sunday, August 19, 2007

 

6th August A day with family in Wiltshire.

We had a lovely relaxed day with Roger and Sue in Wiltshire. We were able to spend a lot of time in the garden sitting and chatting or playing games.
There were games on the lawn and Ekatarina wanted to play hide and seek amongst the bushes and trees and flowers.

Roger and Ashley share a conversation and a laugh.







Bill and I pose for the camera.


Ekatarina sits in the shade of the apple tree with Peace the big bear and her Pixel Chix toy.

Sue and Ecky read a special Angelina Ballerina book which contains letters to the characters.
Ekatarina loves to act out the parts in this book.

Later we roused ourselves and became a bit more active.
Ashley and Roger accepted the challenge from Ekatarina to have a race.
They started at opposite sides of the clock golf circle.
My picture is an abysmal failure because I clicked when they were half way round the circle and Ashley almost completely obliterates, Roger.



Then Ekatarina challenged me to a running race. Once upon a time I used to go out jogging for 3 or 4 miles - not very fast of course, but I found it exhilarating. Now, old age and muscle weakness have made running a near impossibility. I just can't seem to get the right message from my brain to my legs.




Clock golf was much more my style!


Here Sue's Aunty Jean takes aim for the hole, while Sue and I look on. We didn't even bother to keep scores.

I shall do a couple more postings about the Wiltshire day. There are pictures of the garden, fruit and rainbows taken by Bill and me.
There will also be a posting when I show you some of the pictures that Ekatarina took in the garden - a garden populated by fairies.