Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

Trees through the seasons

Today I am showing you the view from the front of the house through the seasons.
I was talking with Jessica about the seasons today (Skype of course!) and I told her that at this time of year the trees tell us that Winter is coming. I explained that the green leaves on the trees turn to orange and brown and then they fall off.
"Why?" she wanted to know.
Well I found it a bit difficult to explain this to a 5 year old who has a different concept of seasons.
So here are some pictures for her so that she can see what happens.


This is the view that I saw this afternoon. The sky is grey and the trees are mostly bare.
At this time of year we can see the road which is sometimes busy.


This is a similar view about 3 weeks ago.
And here are the same trees in the summer time.



Here is one of the trees without any leaves.
The tree is not dead, Jessica. The tree will rest through the winter and then in the Spring it will grow beautiful new green leaves.



Winter trees can look very beautiful against the right background.
We could see these trees one morning at sunrise.