Friday, November 17, 2006

 

Jamie and his Grandad Frost.

Tonight I look forward and back.

This weekend my family are having a party. It is 10 years since we lost my Dad. This hardly seems possible because he still feels very much with us.
I am sure there will be much love, laughter and joy amongst us. There are plans to do some of the things he liked to do on family occasions and we will eat some of the things that he liked to cook for everybody, like parkin - a type of sticky ginger cake.
And of course I will be sharing it all with you after the weekend.

I have combined the thoughts I have this weekend for my Dad with the desire that Mam has to see lots of pictures of Jamie as a small child.


This picture shows 4 day old Jamie being held by his Grandad.

This was March 1969.











And here is a family party at our house, Christmas 1976.







Paula, Ashley, Michaela, Rog, Sue, Jamie, Dad, Matthew.....back row.
Robin, Cameron, Jenny, Ruth, Ann, Bill...front row.
The cat was called Jasper.

Roger and Sue's children Simon and Megan had not been born.

I must add that we no longer have the 1970's floral cover on the armchair that you can just see - but we do still have that carpet!