Sunday, August 02, 2009

 

London trip by Ekatarina

On Saturday Dad and me went to London.
We went to the Royal Albert Hall for a Junior Promenade concert.


The music was all about evolution and included music from Star Wars.


There were three presenters, one of which was a guest.
One was Barney Harwood and another was Gemma Hunt - they are both on CBBC.
The guest presenter was Sir David Attenborough.


The music was exciting and one bit was very loud.
And I felt excited to see TV people in real life.



This is the Albert Hall.


Here I am inside the Albert Hall. There is a dinosaur model behind me - but it doesn't show in the picture.


This shows the stage and the big organ. taken after the concert.



After the concert we walked to the Albert Memorial.
We had our picnic there.
This sculpture shows Egyptian life.
This shows Prince Albert and the sculptures that go all the way round the memorial.


Then we went to the Victoria and Albert museum.
It is a museum that shows beautiful things through the ages.
I designed monograms and Dad sent one by email to our home computer.


There is a fashion section and some of the things were very up to date.
I would quite like to have this outfit myself.


I think this sculpture is very old.

This is a lovely display. The little figures are chess pieces.


The reproduction of the Trajan Tower is so big it has to be shown in pieces.
The real tower is in Rome.


This is the real Trajan Tower.

Later on we went to a MacDonalds near Victoria Station.
Then we went home.
It was pouring with rain by that time.