Sunday, August 02, 2009

 

Car boot sale hunting followed by playing.

Good gracious! A day with no rain!

We got up early and were at the Pease Pottage car boot sale just after 7 o'clock.
The 4 of of us got busy finding bargains to please or to sell - and of course, we only sell things that have been a pleasure to own for the time we have them.
Ashley was well loaded with DVD's, books, CDs etc.
I have not yet caught up with all the interesting items that Ecky has.
One was a modern Sindy doll.
Bill bought model cars of various types and a huge WW2 shell case that will be sold as an interesting umbrella stand.
I spent the least.

When we got home Bill got himself ready for timekeeping.
It was an Inter Counties match held at Crawley - quite prestigious and the electric timekeeping was in place.
I opted out of this one because I wanted to spend time with Ashley and Ecky.
We spent the time at another car boot sale - I was back at Edenbridge again and today the atmosphere was completely different.
Once again Ashley's bags were filled.
Ecky found a Tracey Beaker Creativity kit and various other bits.
I was left with a dilemma.
I found what seemed to be a lovely train set and accessories for £100.
What would Bill have done?
I tried to phone - but he had his phone tucked away in his bag and never heard it ringing.
I didn't have £100. But I really thought it was a good buy.
Ashley came to the rescue and he wrote a cheque for £50 and I gave £50 cash.
Bill will enjoy sorting it out I think - but maybe he wouldn't have wanted to spend that much. He won't lose out on it I am sure.
So, once again I spent the least.

When we got back Ecky began to play with a number of things.
When she had her Sindy dolls out I told her about the old style Sindy dolls.
Then I found a bag of clothes stored in the garage - with a 1960s Sindy and her friend Paul - and her younger sister, Patch.
I decided that, despite their potential value, Ekatarina might as well have some pleasure out of it all.
We looked on EBay and saw that these early items can be worth quite a lot of money.
And we have looked at my big History of Sindy book.

This evening we have had a roast chicken dinner.
The evening is now slipping away.
Time for a certain young lady to go to bed soon - and a much older lady will not be far behind!