Tuesday, March 10, 2009

 

TS - my regular syndrome.

Today I am suffering from my regular dose of TS.
Tuesday Syndrome!
There just seems to be no energy in the tank.

So I haven't achieved what I set out to do - describing things for EBay.
But I have dealt with sales - mostly items of Bill's that I described for him. These were the very smart hard back car brochures that he bought at Chichester a few weeks ago.
I didn't wrap them until after the sale ended because I had a feeling that they would end up with perhaps just a couple of buyers and right until they had sold I didn't know who would be getting what.

This morning I was back at the hospital - just routine. I saw the urostomy nurse to check on a few physical aspects of having a stoma. And also I knew that she would sort out some paperwork for me to have with me on holiday - explaining what my problems (if there are any) might be.
She will also get some different bags for me.

Then we went to Asda for bread and milk. How come we filled 4 bags with shopping? It was just a case of thinking we might as well get the things we buy from that supermarket whilst we were there.

I spent a while arranging swaps to cover duties in the shop whilst we are away in May.
I had hoped that Hilary might be able to cover May 11th because I could offer to do days she needed in April.
Sadly she can't do the day I asked for but has offered to do the Monday which is the day after we get back from Wales - in a couple of weeks.
So I still have to find a person to do one of our days.
I had a long chat with Hilary. It is always interesting to hear other people's points of view about things.
One thing we both agree on is that the habit of some people to pay others to do a duty is not in the best interests of the shop - and something neither of us could actually afford to do.

Bill has prepared the bathroom floor for the new tiles.
I expect he suffers from TS as well.

This evening we watched a little programme about Abba - a pop group that always lift my spirits with their music. This was about the secret which Frieda has carried all her life. Her father was a German, part of the huge German occupation of Norway - yes, she is Norwegian and not Swedish at all.
It is a confusing and tangled past, which has affected her deeply. She had been told her father was dead - but he lives.
But she was blessed with a grandmother who took her to Sweden very soon after the war ended. Grandmother perhaps could already see what was happening to the offspring of German soldiers. And it was that which bothered me - so soon after the Nazis and their inhumane ways had been defeated, the Norwegians became almost as inhumane to their own little children. They feared that the children would carry the genes which would make them as the Nazis were. They were locked away in asylums for the insane and abused.

And now the usual therapy for TS - a cup of tea and an early night.