Friday, December 28, 2007

 

28th December. On top of a hill.

Life!
How do I cope with it?
Yesterday I hit quite a deep depression, so I went along with Bill's idea that he should take me out somewhere today.
The top of a hill always feels uplifting, but I am not up to much walking.
We drove to the top of Devil's Dyke.
I regret that we were not out of the car for more than 5 minutes. Bill assures me that the temperature was quite mild really - but the wind up there was so strong. I felt really cold. The wind snapped icily round my legs.

But here I am - little bent old woman on the top of a hill.



These view point plaques are new since we were last there. The view was not very good today - very grey indeed with the promised rain not too far away to the west.
Did I do too much? Surely not.
An hour in the car and a very brief walk in the wind.
And yet when I got back home I was exhausted with all the familiar symptoms. I couldn't get going at all during the afternoon.
In addition to the imbalance symptoms I have a frequent dry cough and am sneezing a bit. I really hope I don't have a bug.
Sorry - I know I tend to come across as being very negative. In truth I can feel really down about all that has happened in the last 2 months. The old life seems a lifetime ago.
I will get through it - one day.
Time now for sleep. I like sleep it is a release from everything.