Wednesday, December 26, 2007

 

26th December Boxing Day lethargy

At this time of day (evening) I dare to hope that tomorrow will be a better day.
I have been so tired today - dozing downstairs a couple of times, and feeling the symptoms that I am beginning to feel accustomed to.
I have felt it difficult to feel much enthusiasm for life and I can see that Bill feels really run down too.
I wish really he had felt bold enough to take up the offer to eat at his sister Julie's today. He might have enjoyed some more stimulating conversation than I have provided. He said he felt he couldn't leave me alone.
I have used the TV for company again today. Amongst the dross there have been some gems. The production of the opera, Carmen, from Covent Garden was superb. I am not normally a great opera fan, but this production was such a visual spectacle with much familiar music that I was captivated. The singer playing Carmen was a superb actress and beautiful and flaunted her charms in a most sensual way.
If I can stay awake for it I am sure I shall enjoy the TV adaptation of Ballet Shoes, which has been a favourite book since girlhood. I guess I was introduced to it by the BBC when it was serialised on Children's Hour some time in the 1950s.
Today we ate up cold turkey with jacket potatoes. In fact I have eaten 2 meals of that today because at lunch time I had very little appetite and I left a lot until later.
I hope I feel stronger tomorrow. My lack of energy has led me to feeling bad that I have not yet thanked John and Maree and Phyllis and all the Australian relations from my Great Aunt's family in Australia for the huge basket of flowers. The flowers are superb and Bill has photographed them; tomorrow we will get those pictures sent off.
At least the weather looked brighter today. I really must try to get out more.
I hope your Boxing Day activities have gone well.