Monday, April 30, 2007

 

29th April. Purchases at Ford. Part 1.

Here are most of the things that I bought at Ford last Saturday.
Tomorrow I will show you what Bill bought.



Carn Pottery items. Carn Pottery was hand made in Cornwall in the 1970s and 1980s. It is popular.




I think these 2 Carn Pottery vases will catch the attention of the buyers.



I have a section of pretty things in the shop, like this cup and saucer.



This is really a bit too cute for me - but it was cheap to buy.
And having had sort of pet harvest mice at home when I was a child I do have a soft spot for them.



The ship is a vase probably for spills by the fire.
The little coal scuttle has the East Grinstead crest on it. I like to have a selection of local commemorative bits in the shop.



This is a big planter. It is Portmeirion china. The china is not made at Portmeirion in Wales, but the original designers came from there.



I am not sure if I like this vase. It is made the collected manufacturer, Sylvac.
It has a strong 1960s/70s style.



This booklet was issued by OXO.



The collecting of old tins is very popular.



This dish is made by Wade and shows Eliza Dolittle - My Fair Lady.



These bird dishes, made in Poole were going cheap..... which could lead me into a bad joke about birds going cheep!



This one is not for sale - at least not for a while. It is a commemorative coin issued for the Barcelona Olympics.



An old nursery item - a baby's bottle.



Some books with local interest. I always buy as many books as possible.



Playing cards. I hope the fact that the Wright's Coal Tar Soap cards haven't got a box will spoil their chances of an early sale.
The playing cards box is a seperate item.