Monday, April 23, 2007

 

22nd April. Family occasions Part 3. Frosts/Penningtons.

22nd April.
This was an exciting day. John and Maree called in on their travels. John is my second cousin and lives in Australia.





I sat, slightly bemused because John's face, particularly around the eyes reminded me of photos of my grandfather when young.
John is much taller than Grandad - and I don't think John will ever become as round as Grandad!
This is a picture of Mary (on the right) and Ruth, my great aunts who fascinated me as a child, because they lived in faraway Australia.
Mary left with her husband and young son in 1923 and they became Australian farming folk and had more children, including John's mother, Phyllis.
Great Aunt Ruth left in the late 1920s and married in Australia.


This is Great Grandad James Frost - both mine and John's. Poor Great Grandad suffered very badly with arthritis. You can see in this picture that he is unable to bend his fingers.
He died in 1913.
He has those Frost eyes.


This is great grandmother Ruth Frost. She died in 1946 and I am told that I was taken to see her as a baby.


This is my Grandad - John's great uncle Obed.


John and Maree have 6 children. This is Chris who has been working in England for a couple of years and is now looking forward to returning home.

This is another of John and Maree's sons, Jarryd. He has just come to England to join his parents for this part of their trip. He and Chris are going to back pack round Europe before returning home.
Sorry if I have spelled your name wrong Jarryd.

The whole afternoon was spent in talking and looking at photographs.
Jenny was with us, which was lovely. Jenny had met John and Maree before. Twenty years ago Dad, Jenny, Matthew and Ruth went to Australia to enjoy the sights and meet the family.