Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

Ekatarina and the Wiltshire relations. Part 1.

On Friday August 11th we drove the 100 miles to Wiltshire. The journey takes about 2 hours.
Ekatarina and I were busy with our list of things to look out for and she ticked them off and we worked out together how many points we had scored.




The first thing Ekatarina wanted to do on arrival in Wiltshire was to run around the garden.
Well, no - the first thing was to put on her bride's head dress and dancing skirt.
After the 2 hour journey a run in the fresh air was just the thing.
She ran down to the fence to see the sheep in Roger's field.











Then it was time for a sit down with the family, who enjoyed a cup of tea.
In this picture Ashley is across the lawn with Sue's Uncle Gordon.









But soon, Ashley came over and enjoyed a chat with his Uncle Roger.












Ekatarina enjoyed a chat with her Great Aunt Sue.
They are looking at Ekatarina's diary.
The diary is now a holiday tradition.
I have always done it - then I encouraged Jamie and Ashley when we had holidays.
In those days the text was illustrated with their own drawings, postcards, tickets etc.
Ekatarina's diary is full of the digital photos we have taken.
Each evening Bill is busy printing them whilst Ekatarina and I put them in the diary, with lots of interesting writing.



"Look!" says Ekatarina proudly, "That's me in London."












This picture was taken a little later in the day.
It shows the trackway along to Locksands Farm, which is Roger and Sue's home - on the left hand side at the end of the track.







And now I will leave you to scroll on to Part 2.
Sometimes I have to create 2 parts because I try to put too many pictures in - I think.
I am not very good at learning the full potential of computer things - I find a method that works for me, which I am sure could be improved upon, and I continue to do things in my own sweet way.