Tuesday, November 27, 2012

 

Dealing with things

Too late for any photos to be ready.
I am surrounded by parcels and my EBay accounts.
I have been busy wrapping and dealing with the buyers.
I had 26  things selling and 21 of them were bid for - some attracting bids higher than I might have envisaged.
Remember the handkerchiefs - the box with George Best on the lid?
They are now paid for and addressed to be on their way to Norway tomorrow.
The previous bidder failed to make any contact and I relisted.
They didn't sell for as much this time - but that had been just plain silly. I expect there are a number of you who would think that the £26 paid today is also plain silly.
I interrupted my life as an international dealer to accompany Bill for his regular blood test and then we both went to Asda to stock up again. Well, not stock up too much; I am determined to use up lots of things that have been languishing in the freezer.

I will give you a picture today - only of interest to those who knew the Crawley of 50 or 60 years ago.
Photographs and comments about places and people continue to appear on Memories of Crawley at quite a rate.
This picture shows The High Street.







I had completely forgotten that there had been shops next to Barclays Bank.
I am hoping that somebody in the group can recall which shops they were.

Time for a cuppa.