Tuesday, May 19, 2009

 

Sunshine.

It was a good day.
But this evening I began to feel really off. Shame! It was just after a delicious meal prepared by Mam.
I hunt for reasons, but it most certainly wasn't Mam's food.
I have been short of sleep as I itch and burn from mosquito bites. I am naturally doing too much - I grab life's experiences whilst I have the chance. And today I have been in the sun for a while.
But most likely it is just my own fragile body - and life, the universe and everything.

Bill and I drove to the north of the island. We explored on the east side first. The east side is basic living, with little influence from tourism. Where we stopped there were long fishing nets stretched out to sea, but no sign of life.
Then we went to the west side - past the luxurious Marriott's hotel resort.
We parked up way past the hotel close to a couple of little shops. We ate rice and drank pineapple shake - pineapple and ice cubes whizzed up in a food processor. Its delicious.
We walked on the beach - a long, long expanse of golden sand edging the deep blue sea and crashing white caves.

When we got back I went with Jamie and Mam to collect the children from school. John finishes before Jessica and we waited in the library. Teachers - prepare to be amazed at the facilities in the library. I took lots of photos.

And now it is evening. My eyelids are drooping and I will be in bed early.