Tuesday, November 25, 2008

 

The aborted Ikea trip.

We got up in leisurely fashion.

We posted some parcels and set off for Ikea.
We sped up the M23 and then, going through South Coulsdon, Bill suddenly said "I don't think I have got my wallet".
"Never mind" I said " I have my purse with money and cards."
But unfortunately the last Ikea receipt was in the wallet and we needed that to return the cushions we bought and had realised we didn't want.
So, about turn, and head back for home.
Perhaps we needed the rest anyway!

I have described and listed 12 more things for EBay and Bill has scanned my latest box of things that I want to describe and list in the next week or so.
There is a bid already on a book I listed less than an hour ago.

I wish I could say that I have worked on laudable challenges at other times.
I am amazed at my Facebook Word Challenge score - but then Ashley taught me the technique for high scoring. I thought you had to complete every round - but no once you have a word using all the letters you can earn a bonus and go on.
He also taught me better techniques for negotiating the Roman Empire - though I have still been shunted back to level 48. But I now see some hopes of moving on, with a bit of luck.

I have Skype chatted with Jamie. He sent me a web site for beautiful pictures of our spot in Slovenia - taken by a customer of his.
And I have talked with Ashley.
The news of his finger is not really that good. It may never properly heal and be a good finger.
It was X Rayed once again today.
It probably should have been pinned on the first day.
He now has no dressing or splint and exercises to do every 2 hours.
He has an appointment for 6 weeks - unless he runs into trouble.

So, tomorrow we will go to Ikea. We now have more on our shopping list because Ruth wants a couple of items.

Today I became friends with the mother of the ex pupil of mine on Facebook! Where will it end?
Actually Val had been amongst a group of people I spent some time with about 30 years ago.