Tuesday, November 20, 2007

 

20th November TUESDAY AT HOME FOR ME

The day started early for me - I woke at 4 o'clock.
I guess I had had enough sleep for I collapsed into bed very early yesterday evening - though I wasn't able to sleep for long. There was an accident! I found that the connector to the night bag had become insecure and so after half an hour I had a wet bed.
Poor Bill - he had only changed the sheets earlier in the day and within hours it was needed again.
Anyway I spent the first hours of the day in bed listening to the radio.
I got up with Bill so that we could have breakfast before he went off to the shop for what turned out to be boring day. One day I must look through my sales - but I know they haven't been very good.
Jo came round this morning and we chewed the fat about life, the universe and everything.
She was with me for nearly 4 hours.
Then I got a little lunch and nestled down in the reclining chair and found that a couple of times during the afternoon I had nodded off to sleep.
Bill was home by half past four. Fortunately Joy and Peter can take over for the last hour. We are grateful of course - though in truth, now I only have one area I am actually only contracted to be there for half a day a week. But I enjoy being in the shop and when I cut down the space I offered to continue to do the whole day; not realising then that my Tuesdays would be taken up with other things for a while.
Anyway once Bill was home it was time for bag changing. I basically do it but he is there to support and maybe pass me things. It is taking me almost half an hour at the moment to do it - but thank goodness it seems to have been done well again.
Now it is evening and I feel tired again. My body aches. If I am on my feet too long then my legs can start to feel like cotton wool.
For the time being I will continue to give my time to dealing with my needs almost hour by hour and I guess gradually I will find that my needs start to take a back seat.
Tomorrow is another day. I have an aim to go to Asda to choose some meals for the next week. They have wheel chairs and I shall take advantage of that so that I don't stand around or walk about too much.
Because of the awful weather I have not been outdoors since I came home from hospital which is not really ideal. Maybe I just preferred to stay safe indoors.