Monday, November 19, 2007

 

19th November PERKING UP

November 19th Monday. PERKING UP

Firstly, I will say that for the foreseeable future all blog entries will appear on Grandma P's Ramblings.

I had intended that today might be a day when I could begin short personal replies to people - but I have been too busy!

I did rest for most of the morning, sharing in the service from Westminster Abbey for the Queen and Duke's 60th wedding anniversary.

I decided I wanted a ham and tomato roll at lunchtime - and I prepared it myself.

Then visitors started to come. First Frieda from next door. I started to find it quite good to have to be on show a bit and I know I was more animated and lively than at at any time since I have been home.
Then Rose from 2 doors up came round.
And then Marion came. She was obviously the most useful to me because she has "bag" experience. She has had a colostomy bag for some years. Soon we were showing each other the types of bags we have to use.
I can acknowledge that a wee bag is the easier option.
Marion is a bit older than me, into her 70s now and of course she is now living a very full life - showing me that I will get there too.
After 3 hours of visitors I am really tired. But better to find some contented exhaustion during the day for may I might sleep better tonight.
It is just as well that Jo was unable to come this afternoon - she will keep me company for a while tomorrow morning, whilst Bill is at the shop.
Bill is cooking fish now with some sauce. He searched for a ready meal with cod fillets but the only one he could find has a cheese sauce.
I thank people for their encouragement after some days of falling into a bit of a depression.