Thursday, October 11, 2007

 

11th October Day we went to Bangor.

Hello,
Lots of grumbles!
I have the lap top with me but it has not been set up to deal with new addresses or changes that have occurred since it was repaired last year. I can receive mails but don't seem able to send, so I hope any interested people might have found our news here. Though there is little news to tell actually.
It is not fair - after sometime of feeling reasonably well, apart from the cold, I have a lot of pain tonight.
I have sat a while on a hot water bottle and I am well doped up on pain killers and I hope I can sleep.
Sorry to grumble!
I started the day optimistically commenting on the sun breaking through the fog and hopes of no hold ups. The M25 let us down.
It took ages to crawl round to the M40 and no sunshine was breaking through.
Never mind once away from the problems we raced on and as we had taken a small picnic with us we spent little time on lunch and we actually arrived in Bangor a little less than 6 hours after we set off.
Katya - yes she really wants to be Katya for us - was so pleased to meet up with Peace bear again, that splendid bargain we had found at Pease Pottage on a sunny day in August.
All the boxes were carried indoors - where is Ashley going to put it all?
Some of it is due to be described and listed on EBay of course.
We strolled round to Aldi to buy a few bits for tonight's meal.
Then it was time to reunite Katya with Angelina Ballerina for the bedtime story.
We have watched the Graham Norton family history programme. These programmes show what is really good about family history, which is so much more than a list of names and dates. Each week we watch as the celebrity unravels the lives of their ancestors. The understanding they gain seems to help us understand the celebrity a little better too.
Right I must go to bed. I suspect I may have to get up quite a lot in the night - might even come and fiddle with the computer.
The lap top needs fiddling with - since I bought the computer I use mostly many functions have not been installed. I haven't got my gmail account installed- so any EMails to us should come on tiscali please. Or maybe not at all until we solve the problems in the morning. I just don't have the energy or concentration to sort it out this evening.
Tomorrow we will take Katya to school and later will have lunch with Pete and Jean.
I shall just have to be fit enough. I haven't come 300 miles to do nothing.
Bye for now,
Love Paula.